Compassion Matters launched in September 2018 with three partner schools helping with development. Since then there has been rapid uptake of the course. Highlights of our progress and impact to date are as follows:
- Over 80 schools have signed up to the course
- More than 1,600 children are taking the course in primary schools in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, with international English language schools showing strong interest
- Over 30 teachers have been trained to deliver the course
- Over 2,500 children are expected to start the course in 2019
- Over 30 hours of learning resources have been developed so far
- Partnerships have been brokered with leading educational charities to ensure the project reaches the most disadvantaged children
We have recently completed a case study film (www.compassion-matters.org/casestudy) which demonstrates the potential impact the project can have. An evaluation of Compassion Matter’s undertaken by an external evaluator is due to be completed at the end of June 2019 exploring the project’s impact on participating children’s socio-emotional learning.
Over the coming three years, the DLCC plans an ambitious expansion of the Compassion Matters project to enable us to reach many more children, teachers and schools. Between 2020-2023 we intend to:
- Sign up over 750 schools and educational organisations to take the Compassion Matters course
- Deliver the course to 46,500 children across the UK and the rest of the world
- Train over 1,500 teachers to deliver the course
- Develop over 30 hours of new learning resources and films exploring new topics
- Build an advanced online learning portal with community tools and self-service teacher training
- Create materials for other year groups and audiences
Hearing about the projects progress and watching our case study film, we hope you share some of our excitement for the projects potential. If you would like to discuss how you could support the project, we would be delighted to find a convenient time to talk. Please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the project further.